Robert G. Smith, PLLC

April 2020 Archives

Can my ex avoid making support payments by filing bankruptcy?

There are tens of billions of dollars in child support that are supposed to exchange hands each year here in New York and the rest of the United States. Custodial parents see far less than that from their exes though. Some estimates show that only half of all moms and dads who are supposed to receive child support to help them raise their children get what they've mutually agreed to with their ex or what the court has ordered.

Be wary of dips in income that coincide with a divorce petition

A person who has decided that their marriage is over will begin to pull away from their partner. While this is challenging in almost every case, it comes with some special considerations if you own a business together. This is especially true if only one person knows about the finances of the company.

Get The Help You need

If you would like to talk with me, call my office in Manhattan at 212-499-0940 or contact me online.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us Today

Robert G. Smith, PLLC
950 Third Ave., 11th Floor
New York, NY 10022

Phone: 212-499-0940
Fax: 212-499-9091
New York Law Office Map